COOK TIME: 1 HOUR AND 40 MINUTES
- 1/2 cup Sistry’s Chili Chipotle
- 2 acorn squash
- 1 cup wild rice blend
- 2.5 cups mushroom broth
- Olive oil
- Red pepper
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/2 purple onion, diced
- 1/2 bunch of spinach, diced
- 1 Red bell pepper, diced
- 12 oz shiitake mushrooms, diced
- Walnuts, garnish
- Wash squash from the outside and cut in half, lengthwise. Scoop out all seeds from the inside and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle salt, pepper, thyme and red pepper on the squash and roast at 400 degrees for 45-50 minutes.
- While that is roasting in the oven, bring the mushroom broth to a boil (add a tablespoon of olive oil to the broth so rice doesn’t stick). Once broth comes to a boil, add in wild rice blend and cook for about 45 minutes.
- In another pan, sauté the garlic and diced veggies. Once cooked, for about 5 minutes, add in a cup of the cooked wild rice mix, and of course, Sistry’s Chili Chipotle!
- Once the squash are cooked and roasted, scoop in the wild rice/veggie mix into the squash. Top it off with some extra Sistry! Some walnuts and pomegranates would also be great, and enjoy this amazing side dish for Thanksgiving!