Skip to content
COOK TIME: 30 MINUTES
- Sistry’s Chili Chipotle
- 1 - 14.1 oz can Hearts of Palm
- 8 oz vegan cream cheese
- 14 oz firm tofu
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- 2 tbsp fresh chives
- ½ tbsp garlic
- ½ tsp cajun seasoning
- 4 tsp vegan Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- ⅓ cup nutritional yeast
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 20 Vegan friendly square wonton wrappers
- About 4 cups Avocado Oil
- In a large bowl, add the drained hearts of palm. With a potato masher or the back of a fork, mash the hearts of palm until they resemble a crab-like consistency.
- Add the cream cheese, chives, garlic, cajun seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, and red pepper flakes. Mix to combine all the ingredients thoroughly.
- Fill a small bowl with water.
- Spoon about 2 teaspoons of filling into the center of the wonton wrapper. Using your fingers, lightly dip into the water and moisten the outer edges of the wont wrapper.
- Bring two opposite corners of the wontons together and pinch them together. Then, bring the other two opposite corners together.
- Heat oil in a large pot.
- Once the oil has reached temperature, fry the vegan crab rangoon 5 or 6 at a time, making sure not to overcrowd the pot.
- Fry until they are golden brown and crispy, about 3 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped chives and serve hot with Sistry’s Chili Chipotle!